(Playing – Andy, Josh, Jud, Ken, Shaun, Tony)
Morning breaks on the second day of our epic, epic journey, and our intrepid adventurers return to the road. The caravan experiences an entirely uneventful morning (which we play out in real-time).
- Meanwhile, in another adventure, Chork’ul is hunting in the woods, when he overhears a caravan on the road.
- Finally, the caravan stops. Unbeknownst to our rather oblivious adventurers, the caravan has moved parallel to a strange tower, just to the south. The mysterious man in the back of the wagon makes an offer through Adolphus the guard: 70 silver pieces to people who are willing to enter the tower, in return for one object that is found. Bouchra and Kersk volunteer, along with Sarina.
- Kersk, Bouchra, and Sarina head into the woods, though they are (unknowingly) trailed by Chork’ul. Suddenly, the three are set upon by two very angry (and mobile) shrubs. Suffice to say, it goes poorly. Chork’ul feels bad (and confused), and helps out.
- At the same time, Cleric suddenly has a strong vision of his new friends being assaulted by plant life. He immediately sprints his way to the altercation. The combination of the five of them make short work of the shrubs.
- After getting their bearings, our intrepid band of adventurers continue on towards the tower, when they come across a partially tied-up elf, vainly trying to hide in the trees. EFasior explains that he is an “adventurer,” and somehow manages to convinces the party that the nearby tower is his.
- The band sees the fifty to sixty foot tall tower, which sits at the center of a sloping clearing. EFasior approaches it, while Blank and Kersk try to circle the tower; they all discover that it has no apparent entrances. Cleric manages to find into the ground at the edge of the clearing, and calls the rest of the group over; Chork’ul starts to climb the outside of the tower, but eventually thinks better of it.
- The group enters the stone-faced dungeon. With the party’s confidence in EFasior’s ownership eroding, they come across their first room. They are quickly attacked from the darkness above by ambush spiders. After a stirring fight, Kersk torched the webs covering the upper portion of the room.
- Licking their wounds, the group continues on to a nearby room, which is notable for piles of junk along the far wall, and strange circular openings along the side walls. EFasior searches the piles, while Kersk tries to block one of the somewhat concerning holes. Suddenly, a portcullis drops across the doorway, gray oozes start to spew out of the holes, and the far wall starts to close in.
- Thus begins a chaotic battle whereby Kersk and Cleric try to raise the portcullis, EFasior searches through the junk for an escape, Bouchra and Sarina try (vainly) to fight off the oozes, and Chrok’ul searches for an off switch. Eventually, they succeed in killing several of the oozes, jamming the oncoming wall (for a time), and raising the portcullis. Finally, EFasior passes a key to Chrok’ul, who manages to turn the switch stopping the trap.
- Through a bit more creative work, the party discovers that there is a secret room off the space behind the oncoming wall.